Visit the Sterkfontein Caves the home of Mrs Ples and little foot, both said to be the best and oldest examples of Australopithecus africanus which is said to be a distant relative of all humankind. walk down the many steps into the chilly cave and see how Dr Robert Broom and his team worked to discover and uncover these fascinating fossils.
* Take note it is 119 steps down and 115 steps back up and cave temperature is at 18″ celsius.
**Some tight spaces are encountered at the end and caution should be taken if claustrophobic spaces are 1m x 1.5m at times otherwise caves are big and roomy
Self drive price per person Single traveller 2 – 3 People price per person 4 – 7 People price per person 8 – 13 People price per person 14 -17 People price per person 18+ People price per person R 750,00 R 1700,00 R 1200,00 R 1100,00 POA POA POA
- Transport from Johannesburg to Sterkfontein Caves
- A surcharge of R500 is added to the total for a Pretoria pick up
- Take the Gautrain from Pretoria and pay Johannesburg Prices for the tour!
- Entrance and guided tour of the caves
- Lunch, dinner, beverages and gratuities unless otherwise stated
- All flights international and domestic between Johannesburg and Cape Town
- All tours Subject to availability and single supplement available on request
- All tours available with Italian speaking guide
- Self drive options also available
Scroll up to see prices