Day Description Day One
The 4 day walking safari leaves Pretoria or Johannesburg early on Friday morning at 6am and travel towards Hoedspruit to the Lowveld and stop for breakfast in picturesque Dullstroom. Once in Hoedspruit get a transfer into a private game camp part of the greater Kruger National Park. Your Private accommodation is in en-suite tents in stilts that sleeps a maximum of 8 people, to ensure privacy. On arrival enjoy a light lunch followed by an introductory walk/drive combination and night drive and enjoy supper cooked over an open fire in the company of other guests and your trails guide.
This morning set off at first light after a snack breakfast of rusks, tea and coffee. In the cool morning air, you can walk directly from the camp or use a vehicle to get further out in the bush. Your ranger (who will be armed) will decipher the tracks and signs left by animals that have passed by earlier. Feel closer to nature and smell the clean air, but also remember to keep an eye out for the animals. Later in the morning head back for a big breakfast and relax at camp then have lunch and keep out of the hot African sun till later when it is cooler and spend the afternoon on a walk/ drive combination once again. And stop somewhere special for sundowners, followed by supper at the camp fire.
Once again up at first light followed by tea, coffee and rusks, you will learn more about the trees birds and insect and truly feel like you are on safari instead of been sheltered in an air conditioned vehicle. Return back for breakfast and a rest then lunch and rest till you are ready to leave again walk and find a new spot for sun downers.
Much the same as day three but explore a different area of the reserve finding new adventures.
On the last day go for one last early morning walk followed by breakfast then pack up. Then get transferred back to the vehicle. Before setting off back to Pretoria or Johannesburg.
2 PAX 4 PAX 6 PAX ZAR 16500 pps ZAR 14500 pps ZAR 12500 pps Price includes:
- Transfer from Johannesburg/Pretoria (return)
- 4 nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Guided walks
- Guided open vehicle safari
- Prices subject to change with currency fluctuations until deposit is received
- Accommodation is Dinner, Bed and breakfast.
- All drinks are excluded
- 50% deposit need to secure bookings
- Add 50% for single supplement
- All prices exclude lunch, dinner, beverages and gratuities unless otherwise stated
- All tours Subject to availability and single supplement available on request
- All tours available with Italian speaking guide
- Self drive options also available
You will need the following on safari:
- The Greater Kruger is a malaria area. Please take your own precautions for Prophylaxis
- Walking shoes and neutral coloured clothing (avoid white, black and bright colours)
- Rain jacket and warm jersey
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sun block and insect repellent
- Torch & binoculars
- Camera (bring extra batteries)
- Cash for drinks (no ATM’s in the bush)
Scroll up to see prices